Spotify used to have a handy feature to see when artists had new songs out. They got rid of it.
I'm sure other solutions exist. If you know of them, tell me.
Here's what I used.
We need to take our list of artists in Spotify and input it as a comma-separated list for muspy to consume.
- Go to Spotify.
- Create a new playlist. I called mine temp.
- Select all songs in your Songs page (try Cmd-a or Ctrl-a).
- Add all the songs to your temp playlist.
- Right click temp in the sidebar and copy the URI.
- Enter that into spotlistr.
- Uncheck all boxes except Artist.
- Copy all the text and run the following command to format the list nicely:
pbpaste | tr ';' '\n' | sort | uniq | tr '\n' ',' | pbcopy
Linux will use
xsel instead of
pbpaste. Sorry guys,
not my OS.
Now paste that text into the search box in muspy. Wait a while for it to import your artists, and you should be good to go.
Oh, don't forget to create a muspy account. It's free.